Microsoft Windows SharePoint Designer (Level 1)
Request a Quote for this class
You will use Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Designer 2010 to create and modify a SharePoint site.
This course is intended for web designers and developers, application developers, SharePoint site owners, and other knowledge workers with SharePoint end-user experience, who want to use SharePoint Designer to create and customize SharePoint sites, enhance the look and feel of a SharePoint site, and create dynamic pages using Web Parts and workflows.
To benefit from this course, you should have basic end-user with SharePoint and be familiar with the general structure and hierarchy of SharePoint sites. You can obtain this level of knowledge and skill by taking the following course:
Recommended, though not required, are the following courses:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the basic features of the SharePoint Designer environment.
- create a new subsite.
- add content to a web page.
- use Cascading Style Sheets to format a SharePoint site.
- link web pages.
- add SharePoint components to the site.
- automate business processes with workflows.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with the SharePoint Designer Environment
- Topic 1A: Identify SharePoint Designer Interface Components
- Topic 1B: Get Help in SharePoint Designer
- Topic 1C: Customize the SharePoint Designer Interface
Lesson 2: Creating a Subsite
- Topic 2A: Create a Blank Subsite
- Topic 2B: Create a Page Layout
- Topic 2C: Add Content to a Master Page
Lesson 3: Adding Content to the Site
- Topic 3A: Add and Format Text
- Topic 3B: Work with Tables
- Topic 3C: Work with Images
Lesson 4: Formatting a Site with Cascading Style Sheets
- Topic 4A: Create an External Style Sheet
- Topic 4B: Create Internal Styles
- Topic 4C: Modify External Style Sheets
Lesson 5: Linking Web Pages
- Topic 5A: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic 5B: Create a Hotspot
- Topic 5C: Create Bookmark Links
- Topic 5D: Open a Linked Page in a New Browser Window
Lesson 6: Adding SharePoint Components to the Site
- Topic 6A: Add Lists and Libraries to the Site
- Topic 6B: Add Web Parts to a Site
Lesson 7: Automating Business Processes with Workflows
- Topic 7A: Create a Workflow
- Topic 7B: Modify a Workflow