Microsoft Excel (Level 1)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
You will create and edit basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets and workbooks.
This course is designed for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a basic worksheet by using Microsoft Excel 2010.
- perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- modify an Excel worksheet.
- modify the appearance of data within a worksheet.
- manage Excel workbooks.
- print the content of an Excel worksheet.
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take one of Element K's introductory Windows courses, such as either of the following, or have equivalent skills and knowledge:
- Windows XP Professional: Level 1
- Windows XP: Introduction
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the Excel Interface
- Topic 1B: Navigate and Select Cells in Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Customize the Excel Interface
- Topic 1D: Create a Basic Worksheet
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations in an Excel Worksheet
- Topic 2A: Create Formulas in a Worksheet
- Topic 2B: Insert Functions in a Worksheet
- Topic 2C: Reuse Formulas
Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Topic 3A: Edit Worksheet Data
- Topic 3B: Find and Replace Data
- Topic 3C: Manipulate Worksheet Elements
Lesson 4: Modifying the Appearance of a Worksheet
- Topic 4A: Apply Font Properties
- Topic 4B: Add Borders and Colors to Cells
- Topic 4C: Align Content in a Cell
- Topic 4D: Apply Number Formatting
- Topic 4E: Apply Cell Styles
Lesson 5: Managing an Excel Workbook
- Topic 5A: Manage Worksheets
- Topic 5B: View Worksheets and Workbooks
Lesson 6: Printing Excel Workbooks
- Topic 6A: Define the Page Layout
- Topic 6B: Print a Workbook
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Exam 77–882