ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Bridge
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
The ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Bridge course is designed for IT professionals certified in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) looking to learn, and become certified in, the international Standard for IT Service Management (ITSM), ISO/IEC 20000.
This one (1) day ITIL-to-ISO Bridge class is intended to introduce learners to the ISO/IEC 20000 Standard, IT principles and the steps needed to achieve ISO/IEC 20000 certification for their organization.
Class is delivered as an Live, Instructor Led, Virtual Class, over two (2) days - 4 hours per day. The independent exam (which is included with class) is web-based; learners choose the time and place for their exams.
- IT Organizations wanting:
- to demonstrate their ability to provide IT Services that meet customer requirements
- to benchmark their Service Management processes
- to improve IT Services through effective processes
- an independent ITSM assessment or audit
- Businesses requiring consistent approaches be their IT Service providers
- Businesses that sell IT Services
- Organizations that may not necessarily be interested in ISO/IEC 20000 certification but are looking to identify the minimum critical requirements for achieving best practices in service management.
ISO/IEC 20000 has five sections, or Parts:
- Part 1 (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011) defines minimum requirements for a SMS (the "shalls"),
- Part 2 (ISO/IEC 20000-2:2012) provides guidance on the application of a SMS,
- Part 3 (ISO/IEC 20000-3:2012) defines the scope and applicability of Part,
- Part 4 (ISO/IEC 20000-4:2010) provides a process reference model, and
- Part 5 (ISO/IEC 20000-5:2010) offers a sample implementation plan.
Despite all of the parts, organizations must only fully comply with Part 1 in order to achieve ISO/IEC 20000 certification.