Introduction to COBOL Programming (CO1010)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
This course provides application developers with basic knowledge in developing COBOL programs in a mainframe environment.
Application programmers who want to learn COBOL.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Code and test COBOL batch programs
- Understand the principles and practices of “Structured Coding”
Familiarity with z/OS JCL, TSO/ISPF and z/OS Utilities and a programming background is preferred.
- Introduction to IBM Mainframes
- How to Compile and Test Programs on an IBM Mainframe
- Introduction to COBOL Programming
- Compile, Test, and Debug a COBOL Program
- Writing a Program that Prepares a Report
- How to Design, Code, and Test a Structured Program
- How to Use the COBOL Features for Structured Coding
- Other Ways to Define, Move, and Initialize Fields
- Arithmetic Statements and Intrinsic Functions
- Working with Dates
- Working with Characters
- Working with Tables
- Copy Members and Subprograms
- How to Become an Effective Maintenance Programmer