Project Risk Management (PM18)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
This seminar focuses on the uncertainty that surrounds any project. Project Risk Management is designed to have the participant learn core project risk management concepts and best practices, and learn tools that are used to proactively manage project risk. During the course, “best practices” will be introduced, and put into context through various exercises and scenarios and case studies.
Students enrolling in this course should be planning to lead a project (primary audience) or serve on a project team (secondary audience).
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the processes of Project Risk Management and a project manager's role in this activity.
- Discuss why projects are unsuccessful due to inadequate risk management, and how project teams can address this shortcoming.
- List and discuss the impact risks have on project success criteria and common categories for project risk.
- Discuss the process for developing a Risk Management Plan.
- Discuss techniques for identifying a project’s risks.
- Discuss techniques assessing and analyzing risks, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Compare different risk response strategies for proactively dealing with both threats, but also opportunities.
- Identify techniques for proactively monitoring and dealing with risk throughout the project life cycle.
- Use Lessons Learned regarding risk management to continuously improve the Risk Management Plan.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some working knowledge or experience in working in a project environment, or have completed a foundations course in project management.
- Introduction to Project Risk Management
- Project Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Project Risk Assessment
- Plan Risk Responses
- Control Risks
- Continuous Improvement