Neutron Networking with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (CL306)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
Neutron Networking with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® OpenStack® Platform (CL306) is for system administrators intending to implement a network with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform networking. This course provides a deeper dive into Neutron networking than our Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course.
Students will first learn the basics of networking, routing, and bridging in Linux. After that, students will install, configure, and use software-defined networks with Neutron on Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
- Linux system administrators and cloud administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private cloud.
- RHCSA certification or requisite level of knowledge is highly recommended.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Overview of Neutron architecture
- Deploy Open vSwitch and Linux bridge
- Use network namespaces and virtual devices
- Install Neutron networking
- Deploy L2 services
- Deploy DHCP agents
- Deploy L3 agents
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience.
- For candidates that have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the correct skills and knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment
1. Introduction to networking and OpenStack fundamentals
- Define OpenStack architecture and network protocols related to software-defined networks (SDN).
2. Introduction to Linux networking fundamentals
- Review Linux system administration networking concepts.
3. Deploy virtual bridges
- Install and manage Linux bridges and Open vSwitch.
4. Deploy virtual network devices and implementing namespaces
- Create tap devices, veth devices, and network namespaces. Implement a virtual router.
5. Introduction to Neutron architecture
- Define Neutron architecture.
6. Implement and use the Neutron server
7. Implement and use the Neutron L2 services
8. Implement and use the Neutron DHCP agent
9. Implement and use the Neutron L3 agent