Adobe Photoshop CS6 Advanced
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
Photoshop CS6: Advanced, ACE Edition, is part of a three day course ILT series that will help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Expert exam for Photoshop CS6. Students will modify digital images and learn additional techniques for creating image effects. After completing this 1 day instructor-led course, the student will be able to use Photoshop CS6 to work with multiple layers, use color and gradient fills and adjust color, create layer masks, create and edit vector shapes, and apply a variety of creative effects such as Puppet Warp and Liquify.
This course is intended for intermediate and advanced users of Photoshop and is an indispensable tool for anyone responsible for the production of print and web graphics.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Work with the more advanced tools and features available in this advanced version of Photoshop.
- Enhance your ability to create accurate masks and image effects.
- Learn the use of the vector tools.
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Work with 3D objects.
- Prepare files for both print and web.
Knowledge of your operating system and basic computer navigation is required for all classes. We also recommend that you have the Adobe Photoshop Elements software before starting the class. You can purchase the software of obtain a trial version of it for the Adobe website.
Unit 1: Working with multiple layers
- Topic A: Layer groups
- Topic B: Blending modes
- Topic C: Smart Objects
- Topic D: Layer comps
Unit 2: Working with color
- Topic A: Filling image areas
- Topic B: Gradients and overlays
- Topic C: Color adjustments
Unit 3: Masks
- Topic A: Mask channels
- Topic B: Layer masks
- Topic C: Refine selections and masks
Unit 4: Vector shapes
- Topic A: Vector layers
- Topic B: Vector shapes
- Topic C: Editing vector paths
- Topic D: Vector paths and type
Unit 5: Creative image effects
- Topic A: Warping
- Topic B: Liquify
- Topic C: Black and white and duotone images
- Topic D: Smart Filters
Appendix A: ACE exam objectives map
- Topic A: Comprehensive exam objectives