Microsoft Access: Level 4
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
You will exchange data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
This course is designed for students who have a thorough understanding of the basic and advanced user features of the Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 application, and are interested in learning introductory level administrator skill sets. The course is also for the student who may be working in a web-based environment and may need to adapt Access applications to the environment.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- share Access data with other applications.
- use VBA to automate a business process.
- create and modify a database switchboard, and set the startup options.
- secure databases.
- share databases using a SharePoint site.
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007: Level 4, the following Element K courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended:
- Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007: Level 2
- Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007: Level 3
Lesson 1: Integrating Access into Your Business
- Topic 1A: Import XML Data into an Access Database
- Topic 1B: Export Access Data to XML Format
- Topic 1C: Export Data to the Outlook Address Book
- Topic 1D: Collect Data Through Email Messages
Lesson 2: Automating a Business Process with VBA
- Topic 2A: Create a Standard Module
- Topic 2B: Develop Code
- Topic 2C: Call a Procedure from a Form
- Topic 2D: Run the Procedure
Lesson 3: Managing Switchboards
- Topic 3A: Create a Database Switchboard
- Topic 3B: Modify a Database Switchboard
- Topic 3C: Set the Startup Options
Lesson 4: Distributing and Securing Databases
- Topic 4A: Split a Database
- Topic 4B: Implement Security
- Topic 4C: Set Passwords
- Topic 4D: Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Topic 4E: Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Lesson 5: Sharing Databases Using a SharePoint Site
- Topic 5A: Export a Table to a SharePoint List
- Topic 5B: Import Data from a SharePoint List
- Topic 5C: Publish a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Topic 5D: Move a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Topic 5E: Work Offline