Microsoft SharePoint Server for the Site Owner/Power User (50470)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
This two-day instructor-led course is designed for the site owner/”power user” of a SharePoint site who needs to know how to create sites and lists, manage user access and customize lists and pages. This class uses the SharePoint Server 2010 version of SharePoint. While it is of equal value for users of SharePoint Foundation, it does include a few features not found in Foundation.
This course is designed for the site owner/ “power user” of a SharePoint site who needs to know how to create sites and lists, manage user access and customize lists and pages.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Manage Sites and Site Collections.
- Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security.
- Add and configure web parts.
- Configure sites, include themes, title, description and icon.
- Configure site navigation.
- View site activity reports.
- Customize lists and libraries.
- Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types.
- Create Forms libraries.
- Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning.
- Create and modify pages and web part pages.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Working knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and know how to navigate a SharePoint site and SharePoint lists.
Module 1: The Role of the Site Owner Lessons
- The role of the site owner / power user
- The tools for the site owner
Module 2: SharePoint Review Lessons
- A review of SharePoint basics
Module 3: Using and Customizing Lists Lessons
- List Settings
- Customizing Columns
- Site Columns
- Content Types
- Creating Lists by Importing Excel Files
- Creating and Modifying Views
- Content Types
- Communications Options
- Overview of Workflows
Module 4: Creating Forms Libraries Lessons
- Creating Forms Libraries from InfoPath
Module 5: Creating Web Pages Lessons
- Creating Web Pages
- Creating Web Part Pages
Module 6: Sites and Workspaces Lessons
- Site Customization
- Site Navigation
- Web Parts
Module 7: Users and Groups Lessons
- Users and Groups
- Adding users
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Reviewing permissions
- Sending E-mail to site users
- List and Library Permissions
- Creating Groups
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Managing User Alerts
Module 8: Activity Lessons
- Site Web Analytics Reports
- Site Collection Web Analytics Reports