Microsoft Project (Level 1)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
You will create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft® Project 2010.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage those project plans.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the basic features and components of the Microsoft Project environment.
- create a new project plan file and enter project information.
- manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships.
- manage resources for a project.
- finalize a project plan.
Students enrolling in this class should have the following:
- A general introductory-level understanding of project management concepts. Courses that help fulfill this requirement include: Project Management Fundamentals (Second Edition).
- Basic end-user skills with any current Windows operating system. Courses that help fulfill this requirement include: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional: Level 1 or Microsoft® Windows® Vista™: Level 1 or Microsoft® Windows® 7: Level 1.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic 1A: Explore the Microsoft Project 2010 Environment
- Topic 1B: Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan
- Topic 2A: Create a Project Plan
- Topic 2B: Assign a Project Calendar
- Topic 2C: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic 2D: Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Topic 2E: Add Resources to a Project Plan
Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Topic 3A: Outline Tasks
- Topic 3B: Link Dependent Tasks
- Topic 3C: Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
- Topic 3D: Add Notes to a Task
- Topic 3E: Add a Recurring Task
Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Topic 4A: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic 4B: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic 4C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic 4D: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic 5A: Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
- Topic 5B: Set a Baseline
- Topic 5C: Print a Project Summary Report
Appendix A: Additional Procedures to Create a Schedule in Microsoft Project 2010