Microsoft Visio: Level 1
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
In this 1 day instructor-led course you will design and manage basic diagrams, workflow, and flowcharts.
This course is designed for persons who have an understanding of the basic workflow and the concept of end-to-end flowcharting.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- become familiar with the Visio interface and create a basic Visio document.
- create a route map by using Visio features to work with shapes and text.
- modify, format, and arrange shapes to enhance a basic diagram.
- create process diagrams.
- represent an organization hierarchy as a Visio diagram.
Students should be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and mange files and folders.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio 2010
- Topic 1A: Explore the Visio Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Visio Interface
- Topic 1C: Create a New Diagram
Lesson 2: Creating a Route Map
- Topic 2A: Add Shapes to a Diagram
- Topic 2B: Manipulate Shapes
- Topic 2C: Add Text
- Topic 2D: Format Text
- Topic 2E: Change the Stacking Order
Lesson 3: Modifying Diagram Shapes
- Topic 3A: Manage Shapes
- Topic 3B: Format Shapes
Lesson 4: Creating Process Diagrams
- Topic 4A: Create a Flowchart
- Topic 4B: Apply Page Styles
- Topic 4C: Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Topic 4D: Create a Workflow Diagram
Lesson 5: Representing an Organization Hierarchy
- Topic 5A: Create an Organization Chart
- Topic 5B: Modify an Organization Chart