Microsoft Visio: Level 2
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
You will create custom elements and a custom template, represent external data as a drawing, and share your work with others.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of the basic workflow and the concept of end-to-end flowcharting.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a custom shape.
- design a custom stencil.
- design styles and templates.
- design a floor plan.
- represent external data in Visio.
- share your work.
To ensure your success, it is recommended that you take the following Element K course: Microsoft® Visio® 2010: Level 1.
Course-Specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware components:
- Intel® Pentium® 1 GHz or higher processor.
- 512 MB of RAM or more.
- 10 GB of available hard disk space or more.
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor is recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver.
- Projection system to display the instructor’s computer screen.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
Each computer requires the following software:
Lesson 1: Creating a Custom Shape
- Topic 1A: Draw Basic Shapes
- Topic 1B: Enhance Basic Shapes
Lesson 2: Designing a Custom Stencil
- Topic 2A: Create a Custom Stencil
- Topic 2B: Customize a Stencil Master
Lesson 3: Designing Styles and Templates
- Topic 3A: Define a New Style
- Topic 3B: Create a Template
Lesson 4: Designing a Floor Plan
- Topic 4A: Create an Office Layout
- Topic 4B: Work with Layers
Lesson 5: Representing External Data in Visio
- Topic 5A: Generate a PivotDiagram
- Topic 5B: Create an Organization Chart from External Data
- Topic 5C: Import Project Plan Data into Visio
- Topic 5D: Link to a Database
- Topic 5E: Import Excel Data
Lesson 6: Sharing Your Drawings
- Topic 6A: Link a Visio Drawing to Other Applications
- Topic 6B: Convert a Visio Drawing to Other File Formats
- Topic 6C: Print a Visio Drawing