About this Course
You will use Adobe® Premiere® Pro to create a video program that combines video, audio, and still images.
This course is designed for individuals who are self-employed, such as wedding videographers, amateurs who need professional resources, and other professionals engaged in videography, who will be using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 to edit video, integrate video with other Adobe products, and also export the files to other formats.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the Premiere Pro CS5.5 interface and customize it.
- assemble a project.
- edit a sequence.
- enhance a sequence with transitions, effects, titles, and composites.
- work with audio.
- export a video.
- work with Adobe® Encore® CS5.1 to import, organize, and add navigation to a DVD project.
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the basic functions of their computer's operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, and working with windows. Students should also have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files, and so on.
- Intel® Core™2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II processor with 64-bit support
- At least 2 GB of RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- At least 10 GB of available hard-disk space
- A hard drive with at least 7200 RPM for editing compressed video formats; RAID 0 for uncompressed
- Graphics card with at least 1280 x 900 display which is OpenGL 2.0-compatible
- Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU–accelerated performance
- Adobe-certified capture card
- Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model
- OHCI-compatible IEEE 1394 port
- DVD-ROM drive (DVD+-R burner)
- Camcorder with tape
- Internet connection
- Audio speakers or headphones
- Blank DVD
Each computer requires the following software:
- Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS5.5
- Adobe® Encore® CS5.1
- Adobe® Device Central® CS5.5
- Microsoft® Windows Media® Player 11
- QuickTime 7.6.2
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10