Advanced z/OS REXX Programming (RX1020)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
This course will introduce students to the skills necessary to code REXX execs in z/OS environments. A series of written and lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
Programmer, technical support personnel, and other individuals that need to write REXX execs.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Parse data using the PARSE statement
- Read and write sequential datasets
- Manipulate and access the REXX data stack
- Create REXX-based ISPF edit macros
- Execute REXX execs in batch jobs
- Write REXX execs that interact with DB2
- Write REXX execs that issue MVS operator commands
- Compile and linkedit REXX execs
z/OS Basic REXX Programming, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in designing and coding application programs will enhance the results of this course.
Data Stack Processing
ISPF Edit Macros
Batch REXX Execution
Supplemental Topics (as time permits)