CompTIA Linux+ Certification Training
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
The CompTIA Linux+ certification, powered by LPI, is your onramp to a range of careers. It offers a framework for acquiring working knowledge of Linux for IT professionals working as junior-level system administrators, as well as those working in Web and software development. Linux is an essential skill for working in a variety of job roles in Web, systems and network administration.
Linux is everywhere in IT - it powers most of the world's supercomputers and a vast majority of Web servers, not to mention tens of millions of Android devices. It also forms the foundation of the popular LAMP development stack, making familiarity with it an essential skill for thousands of Web developers.
The CompTIA Linux+ [Powered by LPI] certification is a vendor neutral credential. In order to receive CompTIA Linux+ certification, a candidate must pass two exams.
- CompTIA Linux+ Exam LX0-103
- CompTIA Linux+ Exam LX0-104
- Junior Linux administrator
- Junior network administrator
- Systems administrator
- Linux database administrator
- Web administrator
The successful junior level Linux administrator should be able to:
- Work at the Linux command line;
- Perform easy maintenance tasks including assisting users, adding users to a larger system, executing backup & restore, shutdown & reboot;
- Install and configure a workstation (including X) and connect it to a LAN, or a stand-alone PC via modem to the Internet.
CompTIA Linux+ Exam LX0-103
101 System Architecture
- Determine and Configure hardware settings
- Boot the System
- Change runlevels / boot targets and shutdown or reboot system
102 Linux Installation and Package Management
- Design hard disk layout.
- Install a boot manager.
- Manage shared libraries.
- Use Debian package management.
- Use RPM and YUM package management.
103 GNU and Unix Commands
- Work on the command line.
- Process text streams using filters.
- Perform basic file management.
- Use streams, pipes and redirects.
- Create, monitor and kill processes.
- Modify process execution priorities.
- Search text files using regular expressions.
- Perform basic file editing operations using vi.
104 Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
- Create partitions and filesystems.
- Maintain the integrity of filesystems.
- Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems.
- Manage disk quotas.
- Manage file permissions and ownership.
- Create and change hard and symbolic links.
- Find system files and place files in the correct location.
CompTIA Linux+ Exam LX0-104
105 Shells, Scripting and Data Management
- Customize and use the shell environment.
- Customize or write simple scripts.
- SQL data management
106 User Interfaces and Desktops
- Install and configure X11.
- Setup a display manager.
107 Administrative Tasks
- Manage user and group accounts and related system files.
- Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs.
- Localisation and internationalisation.
108 Essential System Services
- Maintain system time.
- System logging
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics.
- Manage printers and printing.
109 Networking Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of internet protocols.
- Basic network configuration
- Basic network troubleshooting.
- Configure client side DNS.
- Perform security administration tasks.
- Setup host security.
- Securing data with encryption.