About this Course
The Citrix NetScaler 10 Essentials for ACE Migration course CNS-208, provides the foundational concepts and advanced skills necessary to migrate from a Cisco ACE ADC to NetScaler, and to implement, configure, secure, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot a NetScaler system from within a networking framework.
This course is a variation of CNS-205 Citrix NetScaler 10 Essentials and Networking designed specifically for learners familiar with the ACE appliance but who have limited or no previous NetScaler experience. In order to successfully complete this course, learners will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment.
This course is based on the Citrix NetScaler 10.0 product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
This course is recommended for learners* who are:
- New to NetScaler platform
- Migrating or considering migration from Cisco ACE appliances
- Current Networking professionals
Note: For engineers interested in integrating NetScaler for Networking environments but who are not migrating from Cisco ACE appliances, please refer to CNS-205 Citrix NetScaler 10 Essentials and Networking.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Identify the capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler
- Explain basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Explain how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Implement NetScaler TriScale technology, including clustering
- Configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Demonstrate monitoring and reporting through native NetScaler logging tools
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Compare and understand the similarities and differences between the features of ACE and NetScaler
- Identify the key steps in migrating from an ACE appliance to a NetScaler system
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have a basic understanding of the following technologies:
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
- Experience with network devices, networking protocols and aspects of application and site architecture
- Experience with the Cisco ACE 4710 Appliance or ACE 10,20 or 30 Service Module
- Moderate exposure to UNIX or Linux
- Familiarity with web server technologies
- Knowledge of network security threats and site protection concepts