Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a four-day lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install a Red Hat Satellite 6 server and populate it with software packages. They will also use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration. Course partcipants will also learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
RH403 is designed to train people with Red Hat Satellite 5 experience on skills required to manage Red Hat systems to conform to standard operating environment specifications. Central to the course is hands-on training in the use of Red Hat Satellite 6.
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet
1. Installing Red Hat Satellite 6
- Objective: Installing a Red Hat Satellite 6 server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
2. Managing Users and Hosts Across Organizations and Locations
- Objective: Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
3. Registering Clients to Satellite Server
- Objective: Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
4. Managing Software Deployment Through the Software Development Life Cycle
- Objective: Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
5. Deploying Custom Software Using Red Hat Satellite
- Objective: Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
6. Managing System Configurations with Puppet
- Objective: Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
7. Standardizing System Configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
- Objective: Configure hosts using Puppet
8. Deploying Hosts with Satellite Server
- Objective: Provision hosts using PXE
9. Configuring Satellite Server for Enterprise System Deployment
- Objective: Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management. Discover unprovisioned host and provision discovered hosts.