Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Helpdesk Support (CXD-105)
Request a Quote for this class
About this Course
The Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Helpdesk Support course provides Helpdesk representatives with the skills required to effectively troubleshoot and resolve end user issues faster, prevent issues from reoccurring and use the proper consoles during troubleshooting to quickly determine the root cause of user issues within a XenApp or XenDesktop environment.
This course is intended for helpdesk representatives that support XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x users.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Complete helpdesk tickets thoroughly with the appropriate documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve XenApp and XenDesktop issues within their scope in a timely manner.
- Escalate issues that are out of scope to the appropriate team/individual.
- Think strategically and use the proper consoles during troubleshooting to quickly determine the root cause of a problem.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have:
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts.
- Take the free CXD-102 Introduction to Citrix XenDesktop 7 eLearning course.
- Take the free CXA-104 Citrix XenApp 7.6: Overview eLearning course.
Module 1: Supporting XenApp and XenDesktop as a Helpdesk Representative
- XenApp and XenDesktop Architecture
- XenApp and XenDesktop Infrastructure
- Helpdesk Overview
Module 2: Configuring Citrix Receiver and Using Citrix StoreFront
- Authenticating to a XenApp or XenDesktop Environment
- Understanding Citrix Receiver
- Navigating Receiver
- Troubleshooting Receiver Issues
Module 3: Researching Issues with Citrix Studio
- Delegated Administration
- Working with Machine Catalogs
- Working with Delivery Groups
- Understanding Citrix Policies
- Understanding End-User Profiles
- Troubleshooting Policies
Module 4: Printing in a XenApp and XenDesktop Environment
- Printing Concepts
- Default Printing Behavior
- Provisioning Printers
- Citrix Universal Print Server and Printer Driver
- Troubleshooting End-User Printing Issues
Module 5: Resolving Issues Using Citrix Director
- Citrix Director
- Interacting with an End User
- Resolving Issues for the End User
- Monitoring with the Director Dashboard
- Troubleshooting Director Issues